Uganda officially the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country in East Africa. Uganda is bordered on the east by Kenya, on the north by South Sudan, on the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, on the southwest by Rwanda, and on the south by Tanzania. The southern part of the country includes a substantial portion of Lake Victoria, shared with Kenya and Tanzania.
Uganda takes its name from the Buganda kingdom, which encompasses a large portion of the south of the country including the capital Kampala. The people of Uganda were hunter-gatherers until 1,700 to 2,300 years ago, when Bantu-speaking populations migrated to the southern parts of the country. The area was ruled by the British beginning in the late 1800s. Uganda gained independence from Britain on 9 October 1962.
The official languages are English and Swahili. Luganda, a southern language, is widely spoken across the country, although multiple other languages are spoken in the country.
|Independence Day:||9th October|
|President:||Yoweri Kaguta Museveni|
Why Visit Uganda
- UNBELIEVABLE BEAUTY "THE PEARL OF AFRICA"
- VOTED FRIENDLYEST PEOPLE IN AFRICA
- UNSURPASSED SCENERYLAKES AND RIVERS
- UNSTRAINED NATURE IN 10 NATIONAL PARKS
- UNUSUAL SIGHTINGS OVER 1000 SPECIES OF BIRDS
- UNMATCHED ANYWHERE GREAT VARIETY OF PRIMATES
- UNBEATABLE CLIMATEALL YEAR ROUND SUMMER
- UNCLUTTERED EXPLORATION LEAST KNOWN OPPORTUNITIES
- "YES TIME TO GO WILD"